Groups for PyeongChang 2018
Norway, Germany, Slovenia win qualifiers
Published 04.09.2016 23:58 GMT+3 | Author
The groups for the Olympic men’s ice hockey tournament in PyeongChang 2018 are determined as Norway, Germany and Slovenia won the qualification tournaments.
Rok n Roll
Ticar hero as Slovenia does it all over again
Published 04.09.2016 23:52 GMT+3 | Author
Rok Ticar silenced the home crowd three times and his game winning penalty shot sends Slovenia to PyeongChang 2018.
Denmark polishes off Poland
Five different scorers gets first win
Published 04.09.2016 16:56 GMT+3 | Author
Leaving it a little late, Denmark now found the net with ease, toppling Poland in their final game 5-2.
- Gunning for glory Having missed out on their last appearance at the Olympics six years ago, Andrei Kostitsyn is now ready to fire Belarus to PyeongChang 2018.
- King Kopitar At 17 he made his senior debut for Slovenia at the OQ. Now on his return, Anze Kopitar shows total commitment to the future success of his beloved Slovenia.
- Belarus cruises past Poland Rallying back from a two goal deficit, Belarus charges ahead to beat Poland 5-3. Slovenia now awaits for a place in PyeongChang 2018.
- Slovenia blanks Denmark A masterclass of defensive discipline sees Slovenia rack up their second win on the trot as their Olympic dream lives on with Denmark out of the running.
- Live from the Olympic Qualifiers For the first time ever, the Olympic Qualification phase is being streamed live on the Olympic Channel, taking ice hockey a step further onto the global stage.
- Lalande on song Inspiring goaltending and efficiency when surging forward sends Minsk Arena rocking as Belarus charges ahead to a momentous 5-2 win against Denmark in Group D.
- The Great Dane His last competitive appearance on national team duty saw him suffer heartbreak and miss out on an Olympic ticket.
- Slovenia overpowers Poland A hat-trick by Anze Kopitar sets Slovenia on course to an emphatic opening day win at the Final Olympic Qualification, Group D.
- Hunt is on 01.09.2016 Three spots at grab for 12 Olympic hopefuls
- Danes stronger than ever 31.08.2016 NHL-laden squad aims at first Olympic qualification
- Minsk preparing for OQ 31.08.2016 Information on schedule and ticket sale
- Groups OQ 31.08.2016 Poland travels to Minsk
- Belarus sticking with Lewis 31.08.2016 Talks on new contract – and next Worlds in Minsk
- Olympic Qualification set 31.08.2016 Belarus, Latvia, Norway host final events